The Training Intensive that builds your child’s audition game so they’re ready for the real deal.
Imagine your child walking into their dance audition armed with peace, poise, and a smokin’ dance plan…
DC’s brand new Audition Bootcamp is a bridging program that helps students currently attending our weekly classes prepare to audition for our Elite program at the end of the year.
This 10-week program is open to a select range of students. Each class will be held every Friday in Term 3 from 12 July to 17 September for the following age groups.
The cost of this program is $190 — the same as what you’ll pay for a standard dance class term.
- 7-10 years: 6:30pm
- 11-16 years: Fridays 7:30pm
- Focus: Foundations in waacking, gangster, reggaeton. Technical elements such as posture, stance, strength, isolation, pathways in movement.
- 7-10 years: Fridays 6:30pm
- 11-12 years: Fridays 7:30pm
- Focus: Foundations in Contemporary and Jazz. Technical elements such as posture, positions of feet, spotting, stretched feet and knees, pathways in movement.
What they’ll get out of this Bootcamp
- We’ll assess your child’s current class(es) and recommend any necessary additions or changes for Term 3 to help your child reach their audition goals.
- Students will also learn a range of styles and technical elements, locking down foundational moves that are necessary to audition.
- They will be introduced to the competing mindset, work ethic, and discipline our students are known for.
- We’ll also focus on execution, character and performance. Your child will receive constructive feedback, corrections, and homework drills.
- Best of all, your child will build stage presence and confidence in their dancing. We want to give them the best chance at their audition come year end!
This class does not participate at the End of Year Show. Students will focus all their time and energy on upskilling as much as possible during this 10-week period.
The registration process
First, please complete our ‘Expression of Interest Form’ below.
You will then be contacted with an assessment of your child’s current class load, recommendations for additional classes to round out their training, and an invitation to the appropriate Bootcamp class for Term 3.
You’ll also receive a Crew or Troupe Information Prospectus, which includes all the current details for our 2021 Crew and Troupe program and a good idea of the commitments and rigours of our Elite program.